There were many things that led up to me leaving the XFGM team, and Xfire as a whole.
Reasons for initially leaving the XFGM team:
- I hadn’t contributed in a very long time
- Nothing ever happens, things take forever to get approved
- When things need to be fixed in the client, or their system it’s self, it never happens.
- Several members seem very cocky and act like they know what they are talking about when really they barely know how to write game definitions.
- Pretty much anyone and their mother can apply and be accepted.
- Getting in lets the members think they are in “an elite group of individuals that is better than everyone else”
Leaving Xfire as a whole:
- lol titan
- Two updates in one year? Come on, get with it.
- Website and client are dated
- False hope, empty promises
- The community is shit
- No developer-user communication
Why I moved to Evolve:
- Built-in Hamachi-like virtual network with parties? Aww yeah.
- Support for more IM protocols
- Awesome community
- Modern looking client and website
- Will eventually get an SDK for in-game widgets
- Awesome plans for future updates
- Updates to the client AND the site regularly
- Great communication between developers and users
I made my choice, how about you?
UPDATE: To any Xfire staff reading this, that are pissed off at me, I am only posting facts. If you don’t like it, then why don’t you do something about the things I pointed out? Otherwise, you have no room to say anything.